Handan Kılınç Alper¶
Tasks in Web3 Foundation:¶
- Designing security models for the protocols in Polkadot
- Protocol construction and formal security analysis/proofs
Some protocols in Polkadot that I work: block production mechanism of relay chains (BABE), availability and validity and bridges.
- Provable security for blockchain technologies and interoperability
- Distance bounding protocols, secure positioning
- Fair exchange protocols
I joined the Web3 Foundation as a research scientist at the end of 2018. Before W3F, I obtained my Ph.D. from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in the group named LASEC under supervision of Prof. Serge Vaudenay. My Ph.D. thesis titled ''Implications of Position in Cryptography'' focuses on designing security models and constructing/analyzing protocols for position-based cryptography (e.g., distance bounding protocols, proof of position and secure positioning). I earned my M$.$Sc. degree in Computer Sciences and Engineering from Koç University in 2014 in CRYPTO@KU group, under the supervision of Assoc. Prof, Alptekin Küpçü. My research in master studies focuses on secure and fair multi-two party computation and exchange protocols. I obtained two B$.$Sc. degrees in Mathematics and also Computer Engineering from TOBB University of Economics and Technology in 2012.
- Handan Kılınç and Alptekin Küpçü. Optimally efficient multi-party fair exchange and fair secure multi-party computation. CT-RSA, 2015.
- Handan Kılınç and Alptekin Küpçü. Efficiently Making Secure Two-Party Computation Fair. Financial Cryptography and Data Security, 2016.
- Handan Kılınç and Serge Vaudenay. Efficient Public-Key Distance Bounding Protocol. Asiacrypt, 2016
- Handan Kılınç and Serge Vaudenay. Formal Analysis of Distance Bounding with Secure Hardware. ACNS, 2018.